|author||sajolida <email@example.com>||2016-01-12 14:13:18 +0000|
|committer||sajolida <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2016-01-12 14:13:18 +0000|
Many small fixes
1 files changed, 17 insertions, 19 deletions
diff --git a/wiki/src/news/test_2.0-rc1.mdwn b/wiki/src/news/test_2.0-rc1.mdwn
index 9b3c52f..6ea9c79 100644
@@ -30,7 +30,7 @@ systemd. And the way Tails tells the user that "Tor is ready" is now
But really, there are simply too many changes to describe them all
-here, so just try Tails 2.0~rc1 yourself!
+here, so try Tails 2.0~rc1 yourself!
Technical details of all the changes are listed in the
@@ -43,7 +43,7 @@ to port it to GNOME Shell (issued in January, 2015) was unsuccessful.
## New features
- - Make GNOME Disks' passphrase strength checking new feature work
+ - Fix the passphrase strength indicator of GNOME Disks.
## Upgrades and changes
@@ -55,23 +55,22 @@ to port it to GNOME Shell (issued in January, 2015) was unsuccessful.
## Fixed problems
- - Don't offer the option, in Tor Browser, to open a downloaded file with
- an external application (Closes: #9285). Our AppArmor confinement was
- blocking most such actions anyway, resulting in poor UX
+ - Stop offering the option to open downloaded files with external
+ applications in Tor Browser (Closes: #9285). Our AppArmor confinement was
+ blocking most such actions anyway, resulting in poor UX.
- - Fix performance issue in Tails Upgrader, that made it very slow to apply
- an automatic upgrade.
+ - Fix the performance issue of Tails Upgrader that made automatic upgrades
+ very slow to apply.
- - Fix Electrum by installing the version from Debian Testing
+ - Fix Electrum by installing the version from Debian testing.
- - Restore default file associations
+ - Restore default file associations.
- - Repair dotfiles persistence feature
+ - Repair Dotfiles persistence feature.
- - Fix ability to re-configure an existing persistent volume using
- the GUI
+ - Fix ability to reconfigure an existing persistent storage.
- - Associate armored OpenPGP public keys named *.key with Seahorse
+ - Associate armored OpenPGP public keys named `*.key` with Seahorse.
- Update the list of enabled GNOME Shell extensions, which might fix
the "GNOME Shell sometimes leaves Classic mode" bug seen in 2.0~beta1:
@@ -82,16 +81,15 @@ to port it to GNOME Shell (issued in January, 2015) was unsuccessful.
that it is not broken in any obvious way, but it might still contain
-2. Either try the <a href="#automatic_upgrade">automatic upgrade</a>
- even though it is <a href="#known_issues">very slow</a>,
- or download the ISO image and its signature:
+2. Download the ISO image and its signature:
<a class="download-file" href="http://dl.amnesia.boum.org/tails/alpha/tails-i386-2.0~rc1/tails-i386-2.0~rc1.iso" >Tails 2.0~rc1 ISO image</a>
href="https://tails.boum.org/torrents/files/tails-i386-2.0~rc1.iso.sig">Tails 2.0~rc1 signature</a>
- Note that there is no automatic upgrade applicable to this release.
+ Or try the <a href="#automatic_upgrade">automatic upgrade</a> from 2.0~beta1.
+ Note that there is no automatic upgrade from 1.8.2 to this release.
1. [[Verify the ISO image|download#verify]].
@@ -111,9 +109,9 @@ Bonus points if you first check if it is a
Known issues in 2.0~rc1
-* The documentation was not adjusted yet.
+* The documentation was not updated yet.
* Tor Browser does not support MPEG-4 video streaming in Tails 2.0 and
newer ([[!tails_ticket 10835]]). Instead, in some cases you can