|author||sajolida <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2016-06-02 16:46:38 +0000|
|committer||sajolida <email@example.com>||2016-06-02 16:46:38 +0000|
Many little fixes
1 files changed, 8 insertions, 8 deletions
diff --git a/wiki/src/news/version_2.4.mdwn b/wiki/src/news/version_2.4.mdwn
index be86b4e..7680084 100644
@@ -16,20 +16,20 @@ upgrade as soon as possible.
discovers the correct parameters to connect to your email provider
based on your email address. We improved it to rely only on secure
protocol and we are working on sharing these improvements with Mozilla
- so that users of Thunderbird outside Tails benefit from them as well.
+ so that users of *Thunderbird* outside Tails can benefit from them as well.
[[!img autoconfig.png link="no"]]
## Upgrades and changes
- Update *Tor Browser* to
- [6.0](https://blog.torproject.org/blog/tor-browser-60-released) based
+ [6.0](https://blog.torproject.org/blog/tor-browser-60-released), based
on Firefox 45.
- Remove the preconfigured `#tails` IRC channel. [[Join us on XMPP
-- Always display minimize and maximize buttons in all windows.
+- Always display minimize and maximize buttons in titlebars.
- Remove *GNOME Tweak Tool* and *hledger*. You can add them back using
@@ -40,24 +40,24 @@ upgrade as soon as possible.
- Use secure HKPS OpenPGP key server in *Enigmail*.
- Harden our firewall by rejecting `RELATED` packets and restricting Tor
- to only send NEW TCP syn packets. ([[!tails_ticket 11391]])
+ to only send `NEW` TCP `syn` packets. ([[!tails_ticket 11391]])
- Harden our kernel by:
- * Setting various kernel boot options: `slab_nomerge slub_debug=FZ
+ * Setting various security-related kernel options: `slab_nomerge slub_debug=FZ
mce=0 vsyscall=none`. ([[!tails_ticket 11143]])
- * Removing the kernel <span class="filename">.map</span> files.
+ * Removing the <span class="filename">.map</span> files of the kernel.
## Fixed problems
-- Update the *DRM* and *Mesa* graphical libraries. This should fix some
+- Update the *DRM* and *Mesa* graphical libraries. This should fix
recent problems with starting Tails on some hardware. ([[!tails_ticket 11303]])
- Some printers that stopped working in Tails 2.0 should work again.
- Enable Packetization Layer Path MTU Discovery for IPv4. This should
- fix some connections to `obfs4` Tor bridges. ([[!tails_ticket 9268]])
+ make the connections to `obfs4` Tor bridges more reliable. ([[!tails_ticket 9268]])
- Remove our custom ciphers and MACs settings for SSH. This should fix
connectivity issues with other distributions such as OpenBSD.