|author||Tails developers <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2012-10-29 21:14:10 +0100|
|committer||Tails developers <email@example.com>||2012-10-29 21:14:10 +0100|
Update changelog for 0.14~rc2.
1 files changed, 19 insertions, 4 deletions
diff --git a/debian/changelog b/debian/changelog
index 3603446..81b9918 100644
@@ -1,4 +1,4 @@
-tails (0.14~rc1) unstable; urgency=low
+tails (0.14~rc2) unstable; urgency=low
* Major new features
- gpgApplet can now handle public-key cryptography.
@@ -47,8 +47,6 @@ tails (0.14~rc1) unstable; urgency=low
that use the old path.
- Do not run unecessary scripts during shutdown sequence, to make
- - Fix Iceweasel's file associations. No more should you be suggested
- to open a PDF in the GIMP.
- Make live-persist deal with persistent ~/.gconf subdirs so that
any options saved therein actually get persistent.
- Prevent memlockd unload on shutdown, to make sure that all
@@ -58,6 +56,10 @@ tails (0.14~rc1) unstable; urgency=low
now let insserv figure out the correct ordering for the services
during startup and shutdown, i.e. use dependency-based boot
+ - Remove the last absolute path in our isolinux config, which makes
+ it easier to migrate from isolinux to syslinux (just rename the
+ directory), and hence might make it easier for 3rd party USB
+ installers (like the Universal USB Installer) to support Tails.
- Include `seq` in the ramdisk environment: it is used to wipe more
@@ -78,6 +80,12 @@ tails (0.14~rc1) unstable; urgency=low
- Factorize GCC wanted / available version numbers in VirtualBox
modules building hook. This, incidentally, fixes a bug caused by
duplication and not updating all instances.
+ - Fix tordate vs. Tor 0.2.3.x. Since 0.2.3.x Tor doesn't download a
+ consensus for clocks that are more than 30 days in the past or 2
+ days in the future (see commits f4c1fa2 and 87622e4 in Tor's git
+ repo). For such clock skews we set the time to the Tor authority's
+ cert's valid-after date to ensure that a consensus can be
- Update to version 0.2.3.22-rc-1~~squeeze+1, a new major
@@ -86,6 +94,13 @@ tails (0.14~rc1) unstable; urgency=low
- Stop setting custom value for the Tor LongLivedPorts
setting. Gobby's port was upstreamed in Tor 0.2.3.x.
+ * Iceweasel
+ - Update to 10.0.9esr-1+tails1, which has all the privacy enhancing
+ patches from the Tor Browser Bundle applied to it.
+ - Install iceweasel from our own repo, http://deb.tails.boum.org.
+ - Fix Iceweasel's file associations. No more should you be suggested
+ to open a PDF in the GIMP.
- Use curl instead of wget, and add a --proxy option passed through
@@ -106,7 +121,7 @@ tails (0.14~rc1) unstable; urgency=low
* Fix error output when calling send a 2nd time
- Update liveusb-creator to 3.11.6-3.
- Update i2p to 0.9.2.
- - Update tails-persistence-setup to 0.18-1.
+ - Update tails-persistence-setup to 0.20-1.
- Install console-setup and keyboard-configuration from unstable
(required by new initramfs-tools).
- Update tails-greeter to 0.7.3: