|author||Tails developers <email@example.com>||2014-03-30 16:31:59 +0000|
|committer||Tails developers <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2014-03-30 16:34:40 +0000|
Reorganize web browser tests.
- Group security and functionality tests. - Deduplicate tests that the TBB folks run, point to their page. - Rephrase various bits.
1 files changed, 14 insertions, 15 deletions
diff --git a/wiki/src/contribute/release_process/test.mdwn b/wiki/src/contribute/release_process/test.mdwn
index 560d8b9..f0f6a5b 100644
@@ -71,20 +71,16 @@ tracked by tickets prefixed with `todo/test_suite:`.
+## Security and fingerprinting
+* Run the [tests the TBB folks
* Compare the fingerprint of Tails and the latest TBB using at least
- <https://panopticlick.eff.org/> and <http://ip-check.info/>
+ - The exposed User-Agent should match the latest TBB's one.
- Update the [[fingerprint section|support/known_issues#fingerprint]] of the
known issues page if needed.
- - Does the exposed User-Agent match the TBB's one?
-* Running `getTorBrowserUserAgent` should produce the useragent set by the
- Torbutton version installed and used in Iceweasel.
-* Browsing (by IP) a HTTP or HTTPS server on the LAN should be possible.
-* Browsing (by IP) a FTP server on the LAN should be possible.
-* Does playing HTML5 videos work? In particular, (due to its popularity)
- do [youtube](http://www.youtube.com) videos work (once
- [[!tails_ticket 5476]] is fixed -- currently object unblocking in
- NoScript is required)?
-* Verify that WebRTC is disabled:
+* WebRTC should be disabled:
- In `about:config` check that `media.peerconnection.enabled` is set to
- <http://mozilla.github.io/webrtc-landing/>, especially the `getUserMedia`
@@ -92,11 +88,14 @@ tracked by tickets prefixed with `todo/test_suite:`.
microphone with the remote website; anything else should fail.
- <http://net.ipcalf.com/> should display
`ifconfig | grep inet | grep -v inet6 | cut -d" " -f2 | tail -n1`
-* Verify that we're protected against <http://samy.pl/evercookie/>:
- visit this website so that it installs its crap, close the browser,
- re-open the browser, visit this website again. The cookie should not
- be present anymore.
* One should be able to switch identities from the web browser.
+* Running `getTorBrowserUserAgent` should produce the User-Agent set by the
+ installed version of Torbutton, and used in Iceweasel.
+* Browsing (by IP) a HTTP or HTTPS server on the LAN should be possible.
+* Browsing (by IP) a FTP server on the LAN should be possible.