|author||sajolida <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2015-04-24 19:28:32 +0000|
|committer||sajolida <email@example.com>||2015-04-24 19:28:32 +0000|
Many minor rephrasing
Diffstat (limited to 'wiki/src/support/faq.mdwn')
1 files changed, 11 insertions, 10 deletions
diff --git a/wiki/src/support/faq.mdwn b/wiki/src/support/faq.mdwn
index a0e6fec..4342220 100644
@@ -151,21 +151,22 @@ you might break things. Upgrading when you get a notification from
-Can I buy preinstalled Tails?
+Can I buy a preinstalled Tails device?
No, we don't sell preinstalled Tails devices.
-Selling preinstalled Tails would in fact be a pretty bad idea:
+Selling preinstalled devices would in fact be a pretty bad idea:
-* If burned on DVD, then the DVD gets outdated after 6 weeks at most;
-* If installed onto a USB stick, users would not be able to verify
- that the Tails on the USB stick is genuine. Trusting a certain Tails
- is a genuine one is either based on cryptographic verification, or
- on personal trust (someone you trust cloning a Tails for you). But
+* If burned on a DVD, then this DVD would be outdated on the next
+ release. This means after 6 weeks at most.
+* If installed onto a USB stick, then it would be impossible to verify
+ that the Tails on the USB stick is genuine. Trusting that a Tails device
+ is genuine should be based either on cryptographic verification or
+ on personal trust (if you know someone of trust who can clone a Tails device for you). But
once Tails is installed on a USB stick it is not possible to use our
- recommended verification techniques anymore. Being able of trusting
- the Tails you use is something we really care about;
+ cryptographic verification techniques anymore. Being able to trust
+ your Tails device is something that we really care about.
* Distributing cloned Tails USB sticks would sabotage the plausible
deniability feature we want to add [[!tails_ticket 5929]] regarding
the persistent volume.