1 files changed, 9 insertions, 8 deletions
diff --git a/wiki/src/contribute/merge_policy/submit.mdwn b/wiki/src/contribute/merge_policy/submit.mdwn
index 29c406e..e50a452 100644
@@ -19,14 +19,15 @@ When you think it is good enough and have tested it, you have to:
or to a merge request on [Salsa](https://salsa.debian.org/tails-team/tails).
4. Set the ticket's *Target version* field to the release you would
like your changes to be in.
-5. If you have access to our Jenkins instance (if you don't know what
- this means, you do not) please make sure that your branch has not
- broken any tests! Or, if you only want a first review of your code,
- without bothering with the build & test status on Jenkins, that's fine:
- make it clear to the reviewer what you expect and
- that your branch is not ready to merge.
-6. Set the ticket's *QA Check* field to *Ready for QA*.
-7. Assign the ticket to nobody (aka. unassign it from yourself) by
+5. Make it clear what you're requesting: merging? some advice? an initial
+ code review of work that's not finished yet?
+6. If you have access to our Jenkins instance and you are requesting a merge:
+ - Ensure your branch builds on Jenkins.
+ - Either report about the test suite scenarios you've seen pass
+ successfully locally, or check that the test suite passes
+ on Jenkins.
+7. Set the ticket's *QA Check* field to *Ready for QA*.
+8. Assign the ticket to nobody (aka. unassign it from yourself) by
default. Unless it's clear to you that nobody on the
[[Foundations Team|working_together/roles/foundations_team]] will be
able or willing to do this specific review; in that case, _you_ shall try