Diffstat (limited to 'debian/changelog')
1 files changed, 24 insertions, 31 deletions
diff --git a/debian/changelog b/debian/changelog
index 18c8854..c9927c0 100644
@@ -2,28 +2,23 @@ tails (1.2) unstable; urgency=medium
* Major new features
- Migrate from Iceweasel to the Tor Browser from the Tor Browser
- Bundle 4.0 nightly build from 2014-10-07 (based on Firefox
- esr31-pre). The installation in Tails is made global
- (multi-profile), uses the system-wide Tor instance, does not use
- the Tor Browser updater, and keeps the desired deviations
- previously present in Iceweasel, e.g. we install the addon
- AdBlock Plus but not Tor Launcher (since we run it as a
- standalone XUL application), among other things.
+ Bundle 4.0 (based on Firefox 31.2.0esr).
+ The installation in Tails is made global (multi-profile), uses
+ the system-wide Tor instance, disables the Tor Browser updater,
+ and keeps the desired deviations previously present in Iceweasel,
+ e.g. we install the AdBlock Plus add-on, but not Tor Launcher (since
+ we run it as a standalone XUL application), among other things.
- Install AppArmor's userspace tools and apparmor-profiles-extra
- from Wheezy Backports, and enable the AppArmor Linux security
- module. This adds Mandatory Access control for several critical
- applications in Tails, including:
- * Tor
- * Vidalia
- * Pidgin
- * Evince
- * Totem
+ from Wheezy Backports, and enable the AppArmor Linux Security
+ Module. This adds Mandatory Access Control for several critical
+ applications in Tails, including Tor, Vidalia, Pidgin, Evince
+ and Totem.
- Isolate I2P traffic from the Tor Browser by adding a dedicated
- I2P Browser, which can be reached via GNOME's menu -> Internet
- -> I2P Browser. It is set up similarly to the Unsafe Browser,
+ I2P Browser. It is set up similarly to the Unsafe Browser,
but further disables features that are irrelevant for I2P, like
- search plugins and the AdBlock Plus addon, and keeps Tor Browser
+ search plugins and the AdBlock Plus addon, while keeping Tor Browser
security features like the NoScript and Torbutton addons.
+ - Upgrade Tor to 0.2.5.8-rc-1~d70.wheezy+1.
* Security fixes
- Disable TCP timestamps (Closes: #6579).
@@ -34,37 +29,35 @@ tails (1.2) unstable; urgency=medium
make stderr more easily accessible (Closes: #7431).
- Run tails-persistence-setup with sudo instead of gksudo to make
stderr more easily accessible, and allow the desktop user to
- pass the --verbose parameter. (Closes: #7623)
- - Disable cups in the Unsafe Browser. This will prevent the
+ pass the --verbose parameter (Closes: #7623).
+ - Disable CUPS in the Unsafe Browser. This will prevent the
browser from hanging for several minutes when accidentally
- pressing CTRL+P or trying to go to File -> Print.
+ pressing CTRL+P or trying to go to File -> Print (Closes: #7771).
* Minor improvements
- - Install Linux 3.16-3 (that is currently 3.16.5-1) from Debian
- unstable (Closes: #7886 and #8100).
- - Install cryptsetup and friends from wheezy-backports (Closes:
+ - Install Linux 3.16-3 (version 3.16.5-1) from Debian
+ unstable (Closes: #7886, #8100).
+ - Transition away from TrueCrypt: install cryptsetup and friends
+ from wheezy-backports (Closes: #5932), and make it clear that
+ TrueCrypt will be removed in Tails 1.2.1 (Closes: #7739).
- Install Monkeysign dependencies for qrcodes scanning.
- Upgrade syslinux to 3:6.03~pre20+dfsg-2~bpo70+1, and install
the new syslinux-efi package.
- Upgrade I2P to 0.9.15-1~deb7u+1
- - Upgrade Tor to 0.2.5.8-rc-1~d70.wheezy+1.
- Enable Wheezy proposed-updates APT repository and setup APT
pinnings to install packages from it.
- Enable Tor's syscall sandbox. This feature (new in 0.2.5.x)
should make Tor a bit harder to exploit. It is only be enabled
when when no special Tor configuration is requested in Tails
- Greeter due to incompatibility with Tor bridges.
+ Greeter due to incompatibility with pluggable transports.
- Start I2P automatically when the network connects via a
NetworkManager hook, and "i2p" is present on the kernel command
line. The router console is no longer opened automatically, but
- can be accessed through the I2P Browser.
- - Simplify the IPv6 ferm rules.
+ can be accessed through the I2P Browser (Closes: #7732).
+ - Simplify the IPv6 ferm rules (Closes: #7668).
- Include persistence.conf in WhisperBack reports (Closes: #7461)
- Pin packages from testing to 500, so that they can be upgraded.
- Don't set Torbutton environment vars globally (Closes: #5648).
- - Make it clear in the TrueCrypt wrapper that it'll be removed in
- Tails 1.3 or earlier (Closes: #7739).
- Enable VirtualBox guest additions by default (Closes: #5730). In
particular this enables VirtualBox's display management service.
- In the Unsafe Browser, hide option for "Tor Browser Health