Diffstat (limited to 'wiki/src/blueprint/bootstrapping/assistant/mac.mdwn')
1 files changed, 28 insertions, 30 deletions
diff --git a/wiki/src/blueprint/bootstrapping/assistant/mac.mdwn b/wiki/src/blueprint/bootstrapping/assistant/mac.mdwn
index 64a167d..57d8b30 100644
@@ -5,10 +5,12 @@ Global process:
- Second step (difficult solution):
- Maintain a list of Macs and their compatibility
-Generic instructions that would work in most of the case
-Implementation is happening there : [[!tails_ticket 9316]]
+Generic instructions that would work in most cases
+Implementation is happening there: [[!tails_ticket 9316]]
Truths about Mac:
@@ -55,10 +57,6 @@ Algorithm:
- if works → happy
- else → try temporary Tails
List of compatibility with Mac
@@ -70,31 +68,29 @@ Seeing that:
We will maintain the state of Tails compatibility on these computers.
-- Specifing the data type.
+- Specifying the data type.
- Know the precise models. #9322
- Setup a git repo.
+Start to fill it
-2 Start to fill it
- Frontdesk starts to fill it
+Have it on the website
-3 Have it on the website
- Full list in markdown thanks to a routine
- In the web installation assistant
- In/linked in the troubleshooting section
- Maybe later an interactive app in the assistant
### Data type
The data could be stored in a YAML file, in the git repo. See [[!tails_ticket 9892]] for work in progress.
@@ -104,11 +100,11 @@ The data could be stored in a YAML file, in the git repo. See [[!tails_ticket 98
- Fields ("strings", boolean?):
- - "Tails version" | DVD? | dd ? | tails installer? | SD? | wifi? | gaphic card? | mac address?
+ - "Tails version" | DVD? | dd ? | tails installer? | SD? | wifi? | gaphic card? | mac address?
- ... (an other user reports on this model)
Writing the report after the summit, I would add :
- Anonymised uniq identifier per users
- Comments (if there is non anticipated things to keep)
@@ -120,33 +116,32 @@ Trying a yaml type (optional or not):
- date: (required)
- tails: (required)
- mac_address (optional)
- graphic_card (optional)
+ mac_spoofing (optional)
+ graphic_card (optional)
And some samples :
- date: 2012-08-06
- tails: 1.5
- install: tails_installer
+ install: tails_installer
Touchpad not working.
- date: 2012-07-26
- tails: 1.4
@@ -155,7 +150,7 @@ And some samples :
- date: 2012-06-12
- tails: 1.2
@@ -163,15 +158,18 @@ And some samples :
-* "model id" : #9322. For one model id, there is one or several reports. (note that there is not realy the "state" for one model : the is different reports who can help to guess the state.)
-* "Tails version" : can be useful to:
+* "model id": #9322. For one model id, there is one or several reports. (note that there is not realy the "state" for one model: the is different reports who can help to guess the state.)
+* "Tails version": can be useful to:
- Have a better view of how the support Mac evolves.
- Let the user or frontdesk know when the compatibility got broken.
+* "mac_spoofing": Is mac spoofing working with this computer
+* "graphic_card": Is the graphic card working on this computer.
* We want to keep history of compatibility (with older Tails
versions) in this file, maybe we will have to show to the user only
the last relevant informations.
* "Comments" is raw information on harward issues (touchpad, bluetooth). The most common issues are fields (wifi, mac spoofing, graphic card)
### How to feed the list