Diffstat (limited to 'wiki/src/contribute/release_process/test.mdwn')
1 files changed, 14 insertions, 37 deletions
diff --git a/wiki/src/contribute/release_process/test.mdwn b/wiki/src/contribute/release_process/test.mdwn
index 784005f..64e0a91 100644
@@ -77,6 +77,15 @@ tracked by tickets prefixed with `todo/test_suite:`.
# Tor Browser
+## Miscellaneous functionality
+* Test if _uBlock_ works:
+ - The _uBlock_ icon must be visible.
+ - Visit a website that normally displays ads, such is
+ <https://www.nytimes.com/>. The ads should not be displayed and
+ the uBlock icon should display a strictly positive number of
+ blocked elements.
## Security and fingerprinting
* Run the [tests the Tor Browser folks
@@ -248,7 +257,11 @@ tracked by tickets prefixed with `todo/test_suite:`.
-* Boot on bare-metal from USB.
+* Boot on bare-metal from USB. Measure the boot time (from the
+ syslinux menu until the GNOME desktop is ready -- quickly press
+ ENTER in the Greeter) and compare with the boot time of the previous
+ Tails version. The new one should not be significantly slower to
* Boot on bare-metal from DVD. Measure the boot time (from the
syslinux menu until the GNOME desktop is ready -- quickly press
ENTER in the Greeter) and compare with the boot time of the previous
@@ -345,39 +358,3 @@ identifying other language names in):
* Check that all seems well during init: (automate: [[!tails_ticket 10277]])
- `systemctl --failed --all` should say `0 loaded units listed`
- the output of `journalctl` should seem OK.
-* Visit <https://tails.boum.org/install/debian/usb> in a Firefox-based
- browser. Verify that you can install the Firefox Addon. Start
- downloading a Tails image and copy the used mirror URL.
- - The URL should contain a mirror URL from
- - Verify that pausing and resuming the download from this URL works.
- - Verify that when you start the download, you can see it appear in
- the download list (Ctrl+Shift+Y).
-* Test a disabled mirror (Possible only in FF > 51 because of
- - Disabled mirrors have `"weight": 0` in
- https://tails.boum.org/mirrors.json so just pick one of them. If
- there's none, skip this test.
- - Do not use Firefox over Tor.
- - To disable Firefox's internal DNS cache, navigate to
- `about:config` and set these prefererences:
- * `network.dnsCacheExpirationGracePeriod = 0`
- * `network.dnsCacheExpiration = 0`
- * `network.dnsCacheEntries = 0`
- - To enable logging, in `about:config` add these preferences:
- * `firstname.lastname@example.orgLevel = "all"`
- * `extensions.sdk.console.logLevel = "all"`
- - Then edit your `/etc/hosts` file to point the URL of the previously
- used mirror to 127.0.0.1.
- - Now reload the download page, and try to resume the download
- XXX: How is it ensured that the disabled mirror we picked above is
- - In the Firefox console (Ctrl+Shift+J) you should see the
- `mirror.blob` variable pointing to a different mirror. This should
- XXX: Please provide more instructions for how to find this
- variable, possibly with a (large but shortened) example.