Diffstat (limited to 'wiki/src/contribute/release_process/test.mdwn')
1 files changed, 12 insertions, 5 deletions
diff --git a/wiki/src/contribute/release_process/test.mdwn b/wiki/src/contribute/release_process/test.mdwn
index db35c0c..36956eb 100644
@@ -166,7 +166,7 @@ security critical bugs were fixed.
# APT (automate: [[!tails_ticket 8164 desc="#8164"]])
- grep -r deb.tails.boum.org /etc/apt/sources.list*
+ grep -r jenw7xbd6tf7vfhp.onion /etc/apt/sources.list*
* Make sure the Tails repository suite in matching the release tag (for example
the release version number) is in APT sources.
@@ -305,13 +305,16 @@ language. You *really* have to reboot between each language.
browser. Verify that you can install the Firefox Addon. Start
downloading a Tails image and copy the used mirror URL.
- is disabled in your browser. Otherwise it should contain a mirror
- URL from <https://tails.boum.org/mirrors.json>
+ is disabled in your browser (requires a restart!). Otherwise it should
+ contain a mirror URL from <https://tails.boum.org/mirrors.json>
- Verify that pausing and resuming the download from this URL works.
- Verify that when you start the download, you can see it appear in
the download list (Ctrl+Shift+Y).
* Test a disabled mirror (Possible only in FF > 51 because of
+ - Disabled mirrors have `"weight": 0` in
+ https://tails.boum.org/mirrors.json so just pick one of them. If
+ there's none, skip this test.
- Do not use Firefox over Tor.
- To disable Firefox's internal DNS cache, navigate to
`about:config` and set these prefererences:
@@ -325,6 +328,10 @@ language. You *really* have to reboot between each language.
used mirror to 127.0.0.1.
- Now reload the download page, and try to resume the download
+ XXX: How is it ensured that the disabled mirror we picked above is
- In the Firefox console (Ctrl+Shift+J) you should see the
- `mirror.blob` variable pointing to a different mirror. This
- should work.
+ `mirror.blob` variable pointing to a different mirror. This should
+ XXX: Please provide more instructions for how to find this
+ variable, possibly with a (large but shortened) example.