[[!meta date="Mon, 19 Jan 2013 23:45:00 +0200"]]
[[!meta title="Call for testing: 0.17~rc1"]]
You can help Tails! The first release candidate for the upcoming
version 0.17 is out. Please test it and see if all works for you.
How to test Tails 0.17~rc1?
Keep in mind that this is a test image. We have made sure
that it is not broken in an obvious way, but it might still contain
Download the ISO image and its signature:
Tails 0.17~rc1 ISO image
Tails 0.17~rc1 signature
Verify the ISO image.
Have a look at the list of known issues
of this release and the list of [[longstanding known
If you find anything that is not working as it should, please [[report to
us|doc/first_steps/bug_reporting]]! Bonus points if you check that it is not a
known issue of this release or a
[[longstanding known issue|support/known_issues]].
What's new since 0.16?
- New features
- Install the KeePassX password manager.
- Ugrade to Iceweasel 17.0.2esr-1+tails2~bpo60+1.
- Install xul-ext-adblock-plus from squeeze-backports.
- Do not allow listing all available fonts.
- Fix default spellchecker.
- Disable the add-ons automatic update feature.
- Remove NoScript click-to-play confirmation.
- Sync some prefs set by Torbutton, to be ready when it stops setting these.
- Disable navigation timing.
- Disable SPDY.
- More aggressive iceweasel HTTP pipelining settings.
- Enable WebGL (as click-to-play only).
- Disable network.http.connection-retry-timeout.
- Disable full path information for plugins.
- Remove NoScript blocks of WebFonts.
- Disable DOM storage in Torbutton.
- Synchronize iceweasel's general.useragent.override with TBB based on FF17.
- Explicitly disable AdBlock Plus "correct typos" feature.
- Minor improvements
- Upgrade to live-boot 3.0~b11-1 and live-config 3.0.12-1.
- Check for errors when sourcing live-boot files, e.g. to detect when they have been renamed upstream.
- Avoid doubled "quiet" kernel command-line parameter.
- Use the regular GnuPG agent + pinentry-gtk2 instead of Seahorse as a GnuPG agent. This fixes usage of OpenPGP in Claws Mail, and brings support for OpenPGP smartcards.
- Enable I2P hidden mode. Else, killing I2P ungracefully is bad for the I2P network.
- live-persist: move error() function before the first potential usecase.
- Hardware support
- Install recent Intel and AMD microcode.
- Install firmware loader for Qualcomm Gobi USB chipsets.
- Upgrade barry to 0.18.3-5~bpo60+1.
- Build system
Known issues in 0.17~rc1
Disabling DOM storage in the Tails web browser makes is appear slightly
differently from the alpha Torbrowser (based on Firefox 17). This will be
fixed in a future version once we [[!tails_ticket 5425 desc="use the same
DOM storage patches and settings"]] as the Torbrowser.