blob: c376073e2f0b917177801e55adae3006ebbdae95 (plain
This is an on-going feasibility on how to port the Tails Installer to the macOS operating system.
This feasibility study was done on a OS X El Capitan system on an early 2011 Macbook. Stock Python2.7 was used.
liveusb-creator from Fedora(upstream) only works out of the box for Windows and Linux but no efforts were brought in to support OS X. This is an action point.
This section dives into packaging it all together.
### GTK bundling
* [GTK Mac Bundler ](https://github.com/twstrike/gtk-mac-bundler)
* [Micah Lee's attempt at GTK and Onionshare (he switched to QT)](https://github.com/micahflee/onionshare/issues/43)
We could either:
- Get our software signed and be in the Mac App Store.
- Ask people to download from our website and install doing Ctrl+Click as [instructed for *Tor Browser*|https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser.html.en].
* [Apple's Security Overview](https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/Security/Conceptual/Security_Overview/Introduction/Introduction.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP30000976)
* [Apple's Code Signing introduction](https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/Security/Conceptual/CodeSigningGuide/Introduction/Introduction.html)
* [Example of code signing in Onionshare](https://github.com/micahflee/onionshare/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=codesign&type=Code)