[[!meta title="Translate Tails into French"]]
**For French**, the existing translation team uses Git.
Please read the documentation about [[translating with
# What can be translated
For French, various bits of text can be translated via Git:
* **Custom programs**: each one has its own Git repository, where PO files live in the `po` directory.
Some have a `README.translators` at the root of their source tree: please read it.
Here is a list of these repositories:
[Tails Persistence Setup](https://git-tails.immerda.ch/persistence-setup),
[Tails Perl library](https://git-tails.immerda.ch/perl5lib)
* **A set of various translatable strings** live in the `po`
directory, in [the `devel` branch of the main Tails Git
* **This website** must be translated in the `master` branch of the
[main Tails Git repository](https://git-tails.immerda.ch/tails).
# Contributors' repositories
* elouann: [[https://git-tails.immerda.ch/elouann/tails]]<br/>
OpenPGP fingerprint: `4C95 4E38 AC95 9C33 BD03 7A09 A29F 43F4 830F 0A36`
* matsa: [[https://git-tails.immerda.ch/matsa/tails]]
* mercedes508: [[https://git-tails.immerda.ch/mercedes508]]
* seb35: [[https://git-tails.immerda.ch/seb35]]
A [French glossary](https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/torproject/glossary/l/fr/)
is [hosted by the Tor Project on Transifex](https://blog.torproject.org/blog/introducing-tor-translation-glossary).
See also [amaGama](https://amagama-live.translatehouse.org/),
which aims to "gather FOSS translations together in one place".
# Team duties
Our custom programs can be translated [[using
Transifex|translate/with_Transifex]]. Work done there is not automatically
synchronized with the translations your team does in Git.
It is nice to minimize time wasted by unknown people who work, with
Transifex, on the same thing as your translation team.
So, a translation team using Git should regularly contact Transifex
translators (listed in the `Last-translator` field of the PO files one
can download from Transifex), either over email or using the Transifex
1. Thank them for translating Tails stuff.
2. Make it clear their work is not imported (and is therefore, well,
3. Invite them to join the team and share the team's
4. Invite them to subscribe to [[the mailing list for