[[!meta title="June 2018 online meeting"]]
- Attendees: intrigeri, jvoisin, sajolida, spriver, u
# Volunteers to handle "Hole in the roof" tickets this month
# Volunteers to handle important tickets flagged for next release, but without assignee
# Availability and plans until the next meeting
- availability: ~half time or slightly more.
- plans: keep the FT boat afloat, RM 3.8, finish my ASP
deliverables, stay on top of the VeraCrypt project since I'm now
more involved than I used to.
- availability: "Full" expect June 11-15.
- plans: User testing for VeraCrypt, bug fixing for Additional
Software, kickoff the collaboration with Simply Secure, hopefully
do some work on donations ([[!tails_ticket 14558]],
- spriver: Translation platform, German translations
- u: I will do some Tails work this month: translation platform, an
important accounting meeting, Debian work. Otherwise I want to
continue work on another project.
# Strategic planning: Containers/separated identities without rebooting
We brainstormed why this could be a relevant goal:
- Even if we claim we don't support this, for many reasons users do
- Making it easier to switch between one's "regular" identity
(outside of Tails) and a "secret" one (in Tails) was mentioned in
user interviews. But "without rebooting" is too limiting as there
may be other solutions to this problem.
- Such a feature would be very innovative.
- This feature could encourage people to use more
- Having to maintain multiple persistent configurations for multiple
contextual identities is time-consuming, when most of the
configuration (except identity-specific data) is common to all
And then we brainstormed why this should not be a goal:
- Perhaps this is not the best solution to the problems this solution
would solve: having Tails running on cheap tablets, or booting
faster, or being able to hibernate and resume quickly could achieve
- The main problem is to better support switching between the real
world and Tails (2 identities). Supporting 3 or more would only be
a slight improvement.
- This solution requires a full redesign of Tails, its
implementation, how it presents itself to the user, etc. and the
cost/benefit is not worth is.
And then we reached a consensus among the attendees: we drop this as
a goal but we replace it with a new one that is "make it easier to
switch between a Tails contextual identity and another identity
outside of Tails".
# Gather comments on our draft personas
Chapter 2: [[Cris, the sensitive information gatherer|personas#cris]]
XXX: sajolida will add notes here.