blob: 78d43cb57ab337eb59e21bde4d3a968eb03e12a0 (plain
[[!meta date="Fri Aug 9 15:30:00 2013"]]
[[!meta title="Tails 0.20 is out"]]
Tails, The Amnesic Incognito Live System, version 0.20, is out.
All users must upgrade as soon as possible: this release fixes
[[numerous security issues|security/Numerous_security_holes_in_0.19]].
Notable user-visible changes include:
* New features
- Install Linux kernel 3.10.3-1 from Debian unstable.
- Iceweasel 17.0.8esr + Torbrowser patches.
- Prevent Iceweasel from displaying a warning when leaving HTTPS web sites.
- Make Iceweasel use the correct, localized search engine.
- Fix Git access to https:// repositories.
* Minor improvements
- Install Dasher, a predictive text entry tool.
- Add a wrapper around TrueCrypt which displays a warning about it soon
being deprecated in Tails.
- Remove Pidgin libraries for all protocols but IRC and Jabber/XMPP.
Many of the other protocols Pidgin support are broken in Tails and
haven't got any security auditting.
- Disable the pre-defined Pidgin accounts so they do not auto-connect
on Pidgin start.
- Include information about Alsa in WhisperBack reports.
- Explicitly restrict access to ptrace. While this setting was enabled
by default in Debian's Linux 3.9.6-1, it will later disabled in 3.9.7-1.
It's unclear what will happen next, so let's explicitly enable it ourselves.
- Do not display dialog when a message is sent in Claws Mail.
- Sync iceweasel preferences with the Torbrowser's.
- Many translation updates all over the place.
- Merge all Tails-related POT files into one, and make use of intltoolize
for better integration with Transifex.
See the [online
for technical details.
# Known issue
No new known issue but [[longstanding known issues|support/known_issues]].
# I want to try it or to upgrade!
Go to the [[install]] page.
As no software is ever perfect, we maintain a list of [[problems
that affects the last release of Tails|support/known_issues]].
# What's coming up?
The next Tails release is scheduled for around September 19.
Have a look to our [[!tails_roadmap]] to see where we are heading to.
Would you want to help? There are many ways [[**you** can
contribute|contribute to Tails]]. If you want to help, come talk