blob: 1443ecc718ad306dfba9ce585421c7494285f105 (plain
[[!meta date="Sat May 01 19:17:00 2010"]]
The (Amnesic) Incognito Live System, version 0.5, is out.
This is the first release since the [[project has been renamed|./new_project_name]].
Tons of bugs were fixed, including:
- A trick workarounds the nasty bug that often prevented the system to
connect to the Tor network.
- New windows don't open in background anymore.
- Memory wiping at shutdown is now lightning fast and does not
prevent the computer to halt anymore.
- onBoard now correctly autodetects the keyboard layout... at least
once some keys have been pressed.
- and more!
Other notable changes include:
- Tor 0.2.1.25
- Vidalia 0.2.8
- Claws Mail 3.7.5 with OpenPGP support
- Pidgin automatically connects to irc.oftc.net with a randomized
nickname, which allows to easily join our new
- At shutdown time, only prompt to remove CD; just halt when booted
from a USB stick.
- User settings (`$HOME`) are now generated in a programmatic way: no
more ugly binary files in our source code!
- Forbid any IPv6 communication with the outside.
- Added some wifi drivers: Ralink rt2570, rt2860 and Broadcom STA.
... and of course the usual bunch of software security updates.
See the [online
Please note we now have a [[newsletter|/news]], a [[web forum|/forum]]
and a [[chatroom on IRC|/chat]].
[[Download it, seed it!|/download]]